Selling house and house not built exactly to planning permision

Max Weber

Hi folks

We are getting very nervous. We are in the process of selling our old house and we were looking at the planning permission and we realized we may have went against the planning permission regulations. We are out by a little bit in where the road meets the front wall.

Specifically there should be 8 feet between the road and our front wall. Parts of the wall however are only 6.5 feet from the road. However other parts are the required 8 feet. i would guess about two third of the wall boundary are correct at 8 feet. Just that one third is about 6.5 feet.

What will happen now because of this? The house was built forty years ago. We just never realized until now that we may be off.

thanks in advance.

When and how did you find this out? Are you the only person involved in the sale who knows this?

The engineer was looking for some document with regards the planning permission. That is when we saw it, when we found the document. Now the engineer has to call out to see it himself. He will come sometime soon.

Will it be a big issue?

We are nervous as hell about it.

The engineer was looking for some document with regards the planning permission. That is when we saw it, when we found the document. Now the engineer has to call out to see it himself. He will come sometime soon.

Will it be a big issue?

We are nervous as hell about it.
Who does the engineer work for?

If you're selling the property and the buyer's surveyor picks up on this as an issue, deal with it then. I would suggest it is unlikely they will pick up on it.

It's for the engineer to decide if he can certify that the works were done in substantial compliance with the planning permission. Be guided by him.

"If you're selling the property and the buyer's surveyor picks up on this as an issue, deal with it then. I would suggest it is unlikely they will pick up on it."

Bad advice. Always best to deal with these issues in advance.

mf

Back