Selling Agent

K

karman

We are trading up and the agent who is selling the property we are buying put a lot of pressure on us to allow them to sell our house too, but we chose to go with a local agent who we felt knew our area better. The selling agent put a very hard sell on to get our business and were very disdainful of our choice of agent and hinted that we'd made a bad choice.

I found this very insulting and I'm wondering if there is anyone has had similar experience and what they did about it??

Are you afraid they will not act favourably towards you in the purchase transaction? If not, I don't see what the issue is.

I would ignore whatever they say about the other agent-they have a vested interest in making your choice appear bad.

One thing you may want to ask-will they 'do a deal' if you allow them to act for you in both transactions? If not, feck them.

I'd tell them to go F themselves. Anytime I get someone trying the hard sell if they don't take No for an answer I walk away even if I was interested.

I realise that their primary responsibility to the vendor, but we have already found them to be less than helpful to us.

What I am more annoyed about is their tactics in trying to get our business. It was heavy handed in the extreme.

Try complaining to the IAVI (their professional body). Just be careful that doesn't jepordise your chances of getting the house that you want.

I was in the exact same position as the OP recently. My partner and i decided to move, sell up and buy another house in the same area but nearer to our families. The first house we viewed we fell in love with and started bidding, but since we hadnt our own house on the market yet we decided to go with the firm that was welling the house of our dreams hoping it would put us in a better position!!! How wrong were we!!!!!!

The pratt that we took on to sell was, well a pratt. It ended up we didnt get our house but we were stuck with the pratt........

So Between four viewings we got three viewees!!. And two bids, all in the space of four weeks..... We were righly peed off after him telling us "I could have a buyer for your house at the price your looking for in a few days".

Anywho we took it off the market with this crowd and went with another crowd who are more well known in our area.

I know my story is a bit besides the point but i cant believe how competitive it is our there for EA's. they would nearly slit the others throat for your business.

I had another EA ring me yesterday saying that he heard we werent happy with our agent!!! And how he knew was the receptionist in his office told him!!! I was just chatting to her generally after i went in for some info on ahouse they were selling.I stopped him in mid speil and said i didnt want him to waste his time telling me all about how good they were and that it was so unprofessional trying to rob business right under their noses.......

this hosue selling/buying is a lucrative business these days and just be wary of EA's they will do anything to get you to go with them!!!!

My advice would be go with the crowd who are selling the majority of houses in the area you want to go for and dont be afraid to be ruthless, coz they certainly arent!!!!!!!!

Back