Selling a furnished house

P

Prudy

Am planning to move out of Ireland in a year. What are my chances of selling a fully furnished house? Most of the people I've asked said not a chance.

Any advice? Thanks.

Depends on who is buying. An investor would be delighted to buy a furnished house. First time buyers might also.

You should put a price on the house itself and a price on the contents (furniture curtains carpets etc)
This may lower the cost of the house and possibly lower the stamp duty the prospective buyer has to pay.

I bought a furnished house, paid €600 for contents. Not bad, given that the house belonged to a single female and most of the beds etc. were unused. It was brilliant for the first year; I was a (skint) first-time buyer and would have been sleeping on air mattresses otherwise. When my financial situation improved after about 2 years or so, it was a major hassle trying to get rid of the bits and pieces. When you're skint, you'll take anything but aesthetics start to get in the way when you've a bit more cash! Would imagine that you'll sell to a first-time buyer, anyone else will charge you for a skip.

Back