Wrong forum Seller will not allow a QS to come inspect house for completion. What to do now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

What the

Hi All,
I looked at a house last weekend. It is a new build. 6000Square feet on 2.5 acres and the seller spent a substantial amount of money on it. It is built outside, (Walls, Roof, windows, Garage and landscaped grounds) Inside the walls are bare but the Geothermal heating is set up as regards the pipes and underfloor heating etc... All that is done is there are a few of the plumbing needs such as the piping for toilets showers etc...

We are interested in buying it and we do think it could be good value but when I asked the agent if the seller would mind if I asked somebody to come in and price it for completion he said he would not be happy to let us do that. I am not prepared to buy a half built house without knowing what it will cost to finish it.

Any ideas. Can completion be quoted for without visiting a site or should I run a mile

Last edited:
Hello,

Personally, I'm amazed you stopped running long enough to even type this post on AskAboutMoney.com ;)

- jokes aside, that would scare me off immediately, as it suggests the vendor has something to hide.

Regards

Mr. Earl.

When you have ran one lap of the block, ask the Agent to get the reason why a QS survey will not be facilitated!
You have to be allowed do a structural survey, if you are not resume running!!
Big house!!

Yes I am running now. Not prepared to buy something without a clear indication of what the final bill will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back