Sell affordable housing apt. No mention of council on deeds..

dshakey

I am looking into selling my affordable housing apartment this year. Just looking at the property deeds and their is no mention of it being an affordable housing apt or the the council's name mentioned anywhere on it. So could I sell and keep the claw back? I have seen other deeds from friends who also have affordable housing and their deeds have the council's name all over it.. Wonder what do other people deeds look like?

How do you mean keep the claw back. You will hardly be selling at a profit on what you paid for it so there will be no claw back at all to be paid to the council.

Ring them and ask.
Just because there is nothing visible does not mean it does not exist.
If the house is in NE, unlikely any clawback. You can't clawback zero right?

But if the house has gained a profit, they might have terms for when it is sold at a profit.

I know that DCC have a policy of they must be told and cleared if they sold it to you at a favourable rate or deal, within a 20 year time frame !

ive worked out the clawback as per the contract and i would owe them the balance, unless there is nothing in the conditions of sale on the deeds. i am currently looking into getting a copy of this

The clawback is in the legislation, I don't think you could avoid it just because it isn't on the deeds.

Back