self assessment for tax

B

bjdld

I just found out that my employer is not paying my tax or prsi - I want to pay these myself - what do I have to do.
I dont want to set up a company. The only income I will have is my wages I will not be making any profits so i don't think i have to register for vat.

How long have you been working for this employer?
What is your contract of employment with the employer?
Have your payslips been listing tax/PRSI deductions that have ostensibly been made?
Have you asked your employer about this issue?

its was a small employer tax was stopped - no payslips though.
Anyway I have left that employment now and want to move on
I have a part time job lined up and some other casual work but I want to know Can I pay PRSI and Paye myself without registering as a business

You can delare yourself as being self-employed and pay by self assessment. I dont think you can back pay the tax for when you were employed as the onous is on your employer to sort this if he deducted tax and prsi for your wages. It looks like your employer was breaking afew laws,

If I declare myself as Self Employed do I have to register as a business. I will only be earning a wage there will be no purchases or sales - no profits

I just want to earn enough to live on and know that everything is above board and legal.

Back