Dublin Seeking Accountant/Tax advisor expert in CGT&Property Tax

• Thread starter super1woman
  • Start date
S

super1woman

Hi, have been advised i need to contact a tax advisor or accountant to get expert advice on implications of a house been gifted to me, can anyone advise who to go to and the likely costs of this service. Thanks

Hi, have been advised i need to contact a tax advisor or accountant to get expert advice on implications of a house been gifted to me, can anyone advise who to go to and the likely costs of this service. Thanks

Have you spoken to a solicitor?

If they cannot advise, they should be able to put you in touch with a tax colleague ( solicitor or accountant)

Alternatively, any reasonably sized accountancy practice will be able to advise - but you will still need a solicitor to carry out the transaction.

I would have though you will be looking at tax fees in the region of 1K - if this relates to the same issue you have previously posted about. You will also have solicitor's fees.

mf

Yes its in relation to the same matter, my solicitor advised i get an accountant or tax advisor, looking for one in north county dublin, is that a tax bill of 1,000 or the charge the tax advisor will charge for his services?

"is that a tax bill of 1,000"

You're kidding, right?

"the charge the tax advisor will charge for his services? "

You seriously should start trying to educate yourself on the sort of tax implications you already got some broad advices on. It's not hard - browsing on this board for instance. Browsing Revenue.ie

The biggest leap you need to make is to accept that there are tax implications - get over that. There are implications and liabilities and there are (some) exemptions and breaks. Once you are aware of the kind of tax implications, you can start checking to see if you are entitled to any breaks.

But do start to educate yourself.

mf

hi again, i was simply querying your previous comment of "tax fees in the region of 1k " and my query to further clarify was is the 1,000 the standard charge to pay a tax advisor?

I am fully aware that i have tax implications and have gained quite a lot of contradictory advice on the matter, that is why i seek to get a competent advisor skilled in property tax in north dublin to review the matter.

I actually reckon you are being conservative here estimating 1,000 tax advisor bill for a case like this. These CGT/Estate planning type scenarios are very complex and can be drawn out and without reading your previous posts would not like you to get the wrong impression.

There is no set charge for a tax advisor, there can be for a straight forward tax return, of course all fees are negotiable, but I would think all advisors would charge by the clock on this type of case.

OP had originally posted another query - since removed - and it does not seem that complicated. Hence the approximate fee.

Completely agree though that some situations can be very complex.

mf

Back