Second time buyers - budget 07

gotsomenow

We just lost our FTB status, but now think we have made a big mistake in buying the property that we did. It is more so to do with the area than the house itself. We 'Looked West' from the campaign, and now we regret it. We now think we want to 'Look East' again in a few months.

I think we have already added value to the house by adding a kitchen, wooden floors and nice decor throughout the house.

We have the ability to extend by attic conversion, and my other halfs father is a builder and will do most of it at cost. We are also halfway through Landscaping 1.5 acres, but with the weather as it is, this may not be finished if we want to sell towards the end of the year.

I borrowed to pretty much the max 232000 (without my husband), but now I am earning a good bit more in the last few months.

Practicalities

Is it even possible to sell within 6 months of purchasing?

If we have a 30k-40k(ish) profit from sale, and I have more earnings, would it be possible to borrow an extra 120k from the banks?

With all this talk of the government not needing the stamp duty, and the election coming up, do you think December will bring a ligtening of the duty paid?

Sorry for the long-winded post, just need to ask the AAM'ers what they think.

Thanks

G

Back