Scotland on holiers

P

PGD

Hi,

Probably going to go to Scotland on holiers.

I will try to spend 3-4 days in Edinburgh but for the rest I would like to stay in self catering somewhere.

I will have my wife, a 5yo and a 2yo with me so I would like to just get out and about and see things, without having to do long trips.

Can anybody recommend a self catering cottage or an area that would be suitable? I intend to go via car ferry in NI.

If you are recommending self catering I would be more inclined to go for a nice place rather than budget, but not overly expensive!

Thanks.

PGD I think you should have posted this in the holiday /travel etc section .Anyway trywww.visitscotland.com
Ayrshire is beautiful as is Dumfries and Galloway & the Borders also the Isle of Arran is heaven , a few days away from big shops and towns can be blissful. :)

Holiday in Scotland

Strongly recommend you make an easy & scenic 3 hour drive from Edinburgh to Fort William - the drive through Glencoe makes it worthwhile on it's own!

Loads to see & do there without having to drive much. Visit Glen Nevis, where most of Braveheart was filmed.
Drive 15 minutes to Glenfinnan & show your 5 y/o the viaduct from the Harry Potter movies - or take the train to Mallaig ( just over an hour) and travel over it! One of the world's great train journeys, and in summer they put on steam trains.
You'll find lots more useful info by typing in "Fort William Tourist Office" on yahoo.co.uk, including self-catering accomodation info.

Probably going to go to Scotland on holiers.

You mean you're getting a jockey back from a couple of priests? Would it not be easier to get the ferry?

Back