Scam alert - irelandsbestrates.com

homer911

Has anyone any experience of saving/investing via this website? Nothing advertised, you need to submit an enquiry. Got contacted by someone claiming to be from RBS International but I'm not so sure its legit. Why all the smoke and mirrors?

It's a scam.

Same as this:

Has anyone any experience of saving/investing via this website? Nothing advertised, you need to submit an enquiry. Got contacted by someone claiming to be from RBS International but I'm not so sure its legit. Why all the smoke and mirrors?
Do RBS still exist? Thought it was rebranded as Nat West?

For the record, I reported both sites to the Central Bank and after a couple of days got a nice reply back basically saying not to touch them with a barge pole..

I did a google search for best deposit rates Ireland and found another scam website running as a sponsored ad.

I reported it to Google just now.

Brendan

Sadly this website is still appearing in Google search results. Worse it is still appearing in Google advertisements.

Brendan reported the website back in May. Homer911 did too. I did as well.

Why on earth does Google not take action? Is there any way to escalate a complaint?

There was a piece in the Irish Times I think about the Central Bank saying that they should take more responsibility.

So maybe complain to Derville Rowland? It's a great example where three of us have complained.

Brendan

I'll do that. Makes sense that the CBI should be working with Google on preventing scams. And Google should obviously be taking action when illegal websites are reported.

I just googled best savings rates Ireland and I am fairly sure that the first one is a scam site.

No contact details. returns of
  • Yearly Returns from 4.52% - 7.81%
Brendan

Back