Savings account with debit card ??

Pink & Glitter

After working & living in Dublin for nearly 20 years, I’ve moved back to the Uk. I no longer require current account facilities and need to close my Ulster bank account but I still have savings in my account and I
use my debit card to withdraw euros when in I’m in Dublin or in the EU.

Any suggestions on an online bank where I can transfer my Ulster bank account to a savings account which comes with a debit card ?

N26 aren't taking new customers at the moment, at least in Ireland.

There is also Bunq but I have no experience of them.

probably two realistic options

Revolut - free account but 2% atm fee if withdrawal is over €200 a month. 0% interest. Lithuanian IBAN

Bunq - €2.99 a month and then 99c for first 4 withdrawals a month. Further withdrawals are €2.99. 0.09% interest (€10,000 = €9 per year interest). Irish IBAN

So it will be down to how much and how often you expect to withdraw money from an atm in the eurozone. If paying for items with the debit card, neither has a fee

Ok… thank you for these suggestions.
Another option I’m currently investigating is a ‘currency account’ with a uk bank. Atm access doesn’t seem to be an option, but in the short term it would at least allow me to transfer my bank balance in euros without having to worry about current exchange rates.

If you are over and back a bit, an ordinary bank account with someone like BoI may be just as easy. They charge €6 per month, so the same as Bunq if you were making 3 withdrawals a month

Back