Saving and Investments

O

orlan65

My Husband and I both have money that we want to put into savings I was just wondering what is the best out there? Is anyone in the BOI Savings and Investment Plan for 5 years?
I would also like to set up a regular savings account. Does anyone know what is the best one out there? I am calling into bank of ireland tomorrow and would like some more information before i talk to them so i would be very grateful if someone know more about them. We are talking about 18000 investment

Thanks
Orla

they have a Special Bonus Saver Account it offers 2.75 above the ECB rate for 18 months

Orla,

At a guess, I would say that BOI will try and steer you towards their unit linked SmartChoice Plan/Special Saver Account where they offer you a 25% 'bonus' based on the the amount of regular contribution in the first year.

This is not good value for money as they are basically giving you back your own money, that they will take off you in excessive charges.

If you are looking for this type of investment/savings product then you would be better off with the Eagle Star or Quinn Life offerings.

Take your time. You don't have to sign up today.

Thank you for your replies.
F. Kruger I really appreciate your information. Went into boi today and as you said they were steering me towards the special investment plan. I am not to sure about it there was no guarantee that I would get back all that I put in.
Will look into eagle star as you suggested.
Regards
Orla

If you haven't a clue then you should get independent professional advice form a good multi-agency intermediary or an authorised advisor who can do a comprehensive fact find and financial review and recommend a range of investment/savings options that match your specific needs. At the very least you should read the key topics in this forum including the AAM and IFSRA guides to savings & investments.

Open 3 accounts with Rabodirect (1 in your name, 1 in your partner's name, 1 joint) = 30K earning 5% interest.
Then lodge 750 x 2 (your name + your partners name) into Halifax (7%).

Safe, and a reasonable return.

Back