Samsung J3

Marco 1972

Hi

Happy with my Samsung J3 after 2 years but keep getting messages about 'Storage' issues currently. I use the phone for basic calls and emailing etc. Have separate SD card installed but cannot transfer over many of the superfluous apps....

Regularly empty whatsapp, images, etc

l find this annoying and is it indicative of 'built in' obsolescence...

thanks

You won't be able to transfer over the apps themselves, but you could set your storage to be defaulting to the memory card. Is memory card being used at all? Can you see it via the settings -> storage?

Might also be cached / temp files / downloaded files still being used, which can be removed. Just try an online search for "Samsung J3 storage cleanup" or similar to get step by step guide...

Hi

Happy with my Samsung J3 after 2 years but keep getting messages about 'Storage' issues currently. I use the phone for basic calls and emailing etc. Have separate SD card installed but cannot transfer over many of the superfluous apps....

Regularly empty whatsapp, images, etc

l find this annoying and is it indicative of 'built in' obsolescence...

thanks

Hi. The first thing to check is that it is a memory issue on your phone. Check it under "settings/device care/storage" - should give you available space. It will also show what type of data is taking up memory; documents, images, videos, audio or apps. You can click on any of those and select items to delete.

One hint - use your Google account to backup and save photos. You can then delete them from your phone storage (you can set up Google images to do this automatically going forward)

I see that the j3 came in different memory sizes,the lowest being 8gb.If this is yours,just junk it and buy a phone that's fit for purpose.
Get a phone with at least 32 GB,preferably more.

I had a J3 with 8gb bought in 2017. It was completely useless after a few months and restricted to only a few apps. A guy in the 3 shop said to me they were missold as they are completely deficient for modern data needs.

I then got a 32gb J6 about two years ago. This is a bit better but not great for storage - incessant data reminders after a year of ownership. I am definitely going to get a new 64gb phone shortly when contract up.

"Burner" phones designed for short-term, intensive but dependable usage by who knows who and then scrapped. They're not designed for consumer usage and I'm amazed people still get sucked in by their (relatively) low prices.

Add a few choons a video or two and a some photos and that's all she wrote (or will write)

64gb minimum I'd suggest.

Back