Ryanair Strike - query?

jan

hi i have a flight booked with Ryanair for Fri 23rd when they are due to strike..

I read the following on flightrights.ie

If your flight is cancelled - regardless of when you are notified of the cancellation - your air carrier must offer you the choice between:
1. re-routing as close as possible to the original departure time;
2. re-routing at a later date; or
3. a refund of the cost of the unused flight ticket.

In the case of rerouting, will they use another airline or only Ryanair? I need to be London on Fri to catch a connection from London Sat morn at 7am.

My Insurance is no use - does not cover strikes.
Thanks a mill

I would certainly contact Ryanair if I was in your situation. Otherwise, the information you're given could be someone else's thoughts on what might happen, not what will happen. Sorry I cannot answer your question with 100% certainty.

Reactions: jan
Tough one.

I would figure out how to get to London on Friday rather than work out your rights in the event of a cancellation.

What time does your flight leave Dublin if your flight leaves London at 7 am?

Brendan

If I had a connecting flight to catch like you, I also would be booking another flight or making alternative transport arrangement's to get there. The stress of not making your connection from now until the 23rd will wear you down. Its a gamble at the end of the day. If they strike, you get your refund and your connecting flight.

Just noting that London route is likely to be most affected by cancellations in event of a strike.
Whatever pilots they still have available would be assigned to the longer flights.

Thanks for all the replies so far..
I’m flying cork - London with RA fri 23rd.. then London - Venice with BA Sat 24th.. morn 7am...

Any further thoughts?

OK, so you have more time to play with.

Best to await developments.

Ryanair is seeking an injunction in the High Court today to prevent the strike.

Brendan

Yeah.. wow ok cool thanks for that / read something about them not exploiting all modes of mediation but didn’t know about the injunction / fingers crossed

Thanks for all the replies so far..
I’m flying cork - London with RA fri 23rd.. then London - Venice with BA Sat 24th.. morn 7am...

Any further thoughts?
As Ryanair is a point to point airline you're goosed unless the strike is called off. You'll lose everything on the BA route - does your Venice accommodation have a cancellation policy.

I would look up alternative ways to get to London should there be a strike. Listening a week or so to the BBC about flights being cancelled and then reinstated led to people rebooking and then being entitled to nada.

I booked the Ryanair flight myself..
The BA flight is part of an organized trip ??

Back