ryanair - my deleted post

C

cerberus

while i agree with rainy re libel and using the forum for grudges, however, its still a valid topic.

Ryanair is the service that peopled voted for with their feet. We cant complain too much if the service or customer service is not then same as the main airlines(remember the cost of flights).

On ryanair staff, most are young and if unhappy with ryanair or the style of mol then i urge them to move to another company if possible, else grin and bear it (but it will wear you down)

I have worked in companies where the culture suits me and others where it did not.
Cultures seldom change and if it does not suit then, for your own sake (health and happiness) and the sake of your families and friend, then move on asap.
Some individuals will thrive in the Ryanair culture and some will not.
Money does not compensate for an unhappy workplace (it may do for a short while only)

Remember you can spend more time with your work colleagues that ever with your wife/husband/partner/children/hobby.....................

0]

Hi Cerberus - It is indeed a valid topic. If however (for whatever reason), it becomes an unmanageable topic where every thread descends into abuse and/or libel, it will simply be banned.

AAM will not be a vehicle for vested interests to work out their grudges.

no problem with that

Re: Thread closed 'latest from Ryanair'

A close family relative has 'inside' information on the operation of Ryanair. I can't see anything in Asimov's post that the moderator could consider exageration or of libellous nature hence I question the justification for closing the thread. The information is well recognised and of common knowledge in aviation circles. Making such information available to a wider audience should cause no embarrassment to AAM.

Re: no problem with that

Thank you for your input Mr John. Your view has been noted.

Please note that the moderators are currently discussing the merits of banning *any* discussion of Ryanair for the primary reason that almost everytime it is brought up here the discussion degenerates and adds nothing whatsoever to the quality of contributions on AAM.

If this measure is introduced it will be the only specific topic which will be banned in the history of AAM. I think this says a lot about the subject.

Some people like Ryanair, some hate it, some are in between. This much is known.

Endlesss debate about it serves little purpose and utilises an undue amount of moderator time and energy.

z

I can't see anything in Asimov's post that the moderator could consider exageration or of libellous nature
That's because the libellous content has been deleted.

"moderators are currently discussing the merits of banning *any* discussion of Ryanair "

I disagree strongly Zag.

How about considering the merits of only allowing 'registered users' converse on such heated topics? In doing so, I think AAM would definitely suffer the loss and enjoyment of 'inside' information.

Another idea. Leave Ryanair there for registered users but unregistered users could only voice their opinion by submitting their text to an editor / moderator first.

banning a particular topic

I would see this as an Extreme move and would it end with judt 1 topic?

This board is only good as the diversity of its members, their knowledge, views and opinions.

0]

Ryanair

Please note that the moderators are currently discussing the merits of banning *any* discussion of Ryanair for the primary reason that almost everytime it is brought up here the discussion degenerates and adds nothing whatsoever to the quality of contributions on AAM.

What a pathetic and silly statement!
Give in to the wreckers of any issue? Why this particular one? Why not the Aer Lingus threads...ban them too. And the threads on Race and Religion.

Adds nothing to the website? What about the forewarning given to AAM members about the failed start up JetGreen. Anyone who lost money on that adventure might have appreciated the warnings given on this site.

Everything that was mentioned in my posts is in the public domain now. Just as I predicted, only I gave it to you before the newspapers did. Everything I've predicted about what is to come at Ryanair will also come to pass. Wait and see if I'm wrong.

If AAM is not interested in pre warning its members about major breaking news in the Irish economy...what is the site actually about?

Re: Ryanair

Give in to the wreckers of any issue?
Just to be clear, the 'wrecker' of the most recent thread was the registered user Asimov. You persisted in pushing over the line of potential libel, even after your initial posting was edited. No opportunity to fudge responsibility now that you've become a registered user.
Why this particular one? Why not the Aer Lingus threads...ban them too. And the threads on Race and Religion.
Don't tempt us.
Everything that was mentioned in my posts is in the public domain now. Just as I predicted, only I gave it to you before the newspapers did.
Please identify one media article that specifically identifies a cause of the pilot's death in the manner in which you identified the cause in your posts yesterday. And by the way, today's Irish Times article doesn't attribute a cause. It may give some broad hints - but their lawyers are smart enough not to attribute cause. So please enlighten us as the where your puted cause has been identified in the public domain?
If AAM is not interested in pre warning its members about major breaking news in the Irish economy...what is the site actually about?
From About AAM
Askaboutmoney is a discussion forum on Irish consumer finance issues.
Not race, not religion, not airlines, not general business stories - Irish consumer finance issues
Other topics are permitted in the spirit of the community of AAM. However, repeated abuse of the posting guidelines by a contributor who has no track record of contributing anything other than Ryanair gossip will not be tolerated.

Finally, to comply with guideline 7, please identify any vested interest you may have in this matter - Do you have a direct relationship with Ryanair or its competitors?

good question from raindeer

Asimov,
Do you personally have an axe to grind with ryanair?

Do have any connection with ryanair, if yes, then you should state the relationship.

Your point on Jet Green was valid, I actually benefited by booking tickets at a considerable saving, with aer fungus before they hiked them on that day.

But if this bioard degenerates into a slaggimg match or as a forum with people who have axes to grind then it will become useless.

0]

Re: banning a particular topic

cerberus - it is extreme. It is being considered because of repeated breaches of posting guidelines on the subject. It is not a decision which is being considered lightly, but there comes a point when continued breaches of guidelines warrant strong action. It may not happen - it is just being considered.

Asimov - the warnings about JetGreen were indeed usefull, but I recall they were made by a different contributor, unless you previously posted under a different identity - which is not a problem. Did you post that information about JetGreen ?

z

zog

Yes, it is very extreme.

On Jet Green, I do not know who posted it but I saved €xxx on the rumour.

You could go down the road of forcing all posters to register, set up a banned list if topics but that would destroy the spontanity, the value(or otherwise) of drop in contributors, etc.

But that would be the beginning of the end for the board.

0]

Jetgreen

Cerberus, glad to hear you saved money because of what you read.

Rainyday "Askaboutmoney is a discussion forum on Irish consumer finance issues."
So you don't think Cerberus' example was a clear case of a Consumer having his interests protected by factual information which he gained from this website? It seems obvious to me that it was exactly that. You should be happy...not petulant about it.

I'm a private pilot, I have contacts in all the airlines based in Ireland. I hear stuff, and I know who to trust.

Maybe the contributor who posted about JetGreen knows the same people.

Incidentally, all this cloak and dagger stuff about what happened to my friend the Ryanair skipper just makes it sound even more scandalous than anything I wrote.

By the way, as regards registering to post. The main reason I did so was to enable me to EDIT my comments after I'd posted them. That is the normal way on most BBs. As it turns out there is no such facility here. Could you not invest in a simple Hosting platform and some UBB software, and improve the product a little? I know this is all voluntary but surely you could raise the couple of hundred euro a year it would cost?

Can you say factual ?

I think Asimov talked about factual information above. Is this a record ?

Oh, but then he descends into giving out about the hosting platform. Is this a diversionary tactic I see before me ?

Nobody denies that facts which help the consumer are good things. I think the problem is when facts come wrapped in what look like spitefull rumours. I don't think your posts have been deleted or edited for stating facts. Or maybe you are a medical doctor too ? Or maybe you just know it in your bones and just can't understand why the rest of us dunderheads can't see it too. Maybe it's because we're not pilots and must therefore be dense. That's probably it.

Here's a question for Asimov : Could you not invest in a simple Hosting platform and some UBB software ? Then you can go on to your hearts desire about whatever topic you want.

I thought the poster previously known as tharg registered to stop people impersonating him and giving him a bad name for posting unsubstantiated rumours and giving him a bad rep. That's not you then ?

There is no cloak and dagger stuff about your friend - you are the only person referring to the issue.

Go on, open a finance topic that doesn't involve Ryanair and see if it gets moderated. I dare you. G'wan, g'wan. g'wan

whatever

Register yourself and I'll talk to ya.
Meanwhile...speak to the hand....

Re: whatever

So you don't think Cerberus' example was a clear case of a Consumer having his interests protected by factual information which he gained from this website? It seems obvious to me that it was exactly that. You should be happy...not petulant about it.
Let's not focus on Cerberus. Let's focus on Asimov. Please highlight how any single post which you made relates to Irish consumer finance issues.

And please don't forget my request to you to "identify one media article that specifically identifies a cause of the pilot's death in the manner in which you identified the cause in your posts yesterday". Unless you can respond to this request, your claim that "Everything that was mentioned in my posts is in the public domain now" cannot be justified.

The main reason I did so was to enable me to EDIT my comments after I'd posted them. That is the normal way on most BBs. As it turns out there is no such facility here.
Eh, having you tried using the 'EDIT' button that appears for me and all other registered users on the left hand side. Hint: It is in between 'Reply' and 'Delete'.
Could you not invest in a simple Hosting platform and some UBB software, and improve the product a little? I know this is all voluntary but surely you could raise the couple of hundred euro a year it would cost?
We are truly sorry that AAM does not meet your high standards. Please feel free to restrict your posting to other bulletin boards which do meet your high standards.

Let's not focus on Cerberus

You're just jealous, raindeer.

Asimov,
Can we not agree that postings should not open the board to court action and leave it at that?

Posters should exercise common sense and moderator should be more moderate.

0]

exercise common sense

Ryanair is a low cost airline. The way in which they achieve this low cost base is a financial one and of interest.

If pilots have to pay for their own water then I'd say that cutting costs to the bone. Is it therefore conceivable that they may also be cutting corners that could jeopardise safety? Is it exercising common sense?

I don't know who Asimov is. I have never met him but the same things he complains about I have heard in other aviation circles and I have NO Axe to grind with Ryanair.

Is it too much to ask that we can discuss this? Asimov, you have a lot to contribute but if you could only tread a little softly softly and try not go for the jugular all the time. Cerberus has a valid point.

Re: exercise common sense

I am closing this topic. We are all bored by this. If people want to harp on about Ryanair, please find another forum to do so.

Back