Ryanair - change of flight times

tallpaul

A question if I may: I booked a flight with Ryanair back at the end of August for a flight next June for an event I am attending in London. I just happened to check the Rynair app and noticed that the departure times for both my outward and inward flights on the days I have booked have changed completely - so much so that the times are now useless to me. What was originally an 08.35 flight out is now 21.50 that evening and the return flight the next day is now 12.20pm rather than 19.55!!!

Does anyone know what options are open to me or is it far too early to be concerned?

They'd usually notify you of these changes, have you checked your spam folder? They're usually obliged to give your money back given the difference in times is more than 3 hours as far as I can remember. They usually try to accommodate you on other flights or even airports, I'd contact them if I were you. Given the flights are in June they should have no problem accommodating you on a flight that suits you better.

It happened to me recently. I received no email about the change. I sent them a message through their website and I was able to change flights (to a different day). Thankfully I had not booked accommodation.

I had change of times for flights and Ryanair always informed me about them.

When Ryanair do this they always send an email. Then they will either offer you a refund or move you to a different flight - if it suits you. As far as I remember Ryanair send a second reminder if you don't respond to the first one, and that one says the changes are automatic. But I'm sure if the email went into your spam, combined with it being months away, that they will move your flights or refund you.

Thanks all. I never received an email (be it to my spam folder or elsewhere). In any event I rang Ryanair this morning (0818 303030 - now a normal price call!!) and was offered a refund or re-arranged flight. I took the latter. My hotel is cancellable but the ticket to the event is not!

Back