Rust in microwave

onway

There seems to be some rust on the inside of my microwave- is this normal??Does this mean I need to get a new one ??

onway said:
There seems to be some rust on the inside of my microwave- is this normal??Does this mean I need to get a new one ??

It's normal happens from wear but you should be covering your food with cling film this stops a lot of the steam & condensation thus not adding/causing any more rust also good to cover your food anyway as how often does one clean the microwave? Every day, every week, every month?
The only way to truly avoid this is to buy a microwave that has stainless steel inside which is much more hygenic.

Good Luck ;)

So cheap now I would just change why risk your health
onway said:

How old is the microwave oven in question and hoe much use does it get?

oulu said:
So cheap now I would just change why risk your health

How would a bit of rust in a microwave/oven cavity constitute a health risk?

mine, about 5 years old, has a little rust on the edge where the door closes over. It doesn't seem to affect anything, doesn't touch the food so I'm not worried. If it were eating away at the workings of the oven, I might be more worried!

Unregistered said:
mine, about 5 years old, has a little rust on the edge where the door closes over. It doesn't seem to affect anything, doesn't touch the food so I'm not worried. If it were eating away at the workings of the oven, I might be more worried!

That rust will eventually allow the microwaves to escape the oven.

On the positive side, you may experience a warm glow inside. ;)

Back