Rural housing control zone

hogzy

can anyone please please translate this for me : i've been to our local council offices already and the local planners only answer phones for 2hours a week (public servants me eye). which have passed now until wednesday ( i live in cork) .what is a rural housing control zone ? i have been told it is less restrictive than a3 , a2 or a1 .is this true ??

hogzy said:
the local planners only answer phones for 2hours a week (public servants me eye)

If planners are hanging around waiting for phone calls all day, then when are they going to get their work done? Do you want planners or telephonists?

could i not have both ???
or just a little more information avainable to the common joe ?

any way rural housing control lads - any ideas ??

ubiquitous said:
If planners are hanging around waiting for phone calls all day, then when are they going to get their work done? Do you want planners or telephonists?

Well, if they spoke to people making applications it might cut down on the number of repeat applications that have to be made. I've dealt with one of those planners aswell and they have no interest in anything other than cutting you off when you are on the phone to them. It's incredibly frustrating. You really do get the feeling that the power has got to them.

i really dont want to get dragged into anargument on planners ( cause i'd never stop)
just wondering if anyone has any "real world " expierence of applying for planning in one of these zones, and whether in pratical terms there is any "wiggle room" on the requirements

depends on the planning dept in question...am currently trying to get permission to build but the planners have been totally unreasonable and my case is now with an bord pleanala...am a native to the area, grew up and still live on a farm and the planners keep refusing me cos i'll cause 'ribbon development'...yet they decided to give 2 houses to 2 girls half my age a few hundred yards away inbetween...when is some enterprising journalist going to further investigate planning decisions in this country? all the limelight is going on the big developements and the tribunals but there's an awful lot of dodgy decisions going on at more local level...the amount of examples i could list in my area...

guys please - id rather this didnt turn into a "slag the planners " thread.

could someone please answer the question :

Rural housing Control Zone - what are the requirements , and is their room for "exceptions" on the rule that it has to be someone from the area ( is the stipulation exists?

bb12 said:
depends on the planning dept in question... but there's an awful lot of dodgy decisions going on at more local level...the amount of examples i could list in my area...

Sounds just like something the sleeveens in Galway would have done, at least in my experience of them.

As for you hogzy, hire someone like an engineer or architect who knows these rules in Cork and knows the planners too . Its the only way to deal with them, As an indivual you will be treated like a cockroach , not a citizen.

You know that already from their willingness to take phone calls.

Back