Rules for Managing como

roker

I living in a small estate of 23 houses mixed detached semis all built by one builder who now runs a management company for the area. He takes €350 from each house per year to cover grass cutting and sewerage.
As far as I can see they are not a registered company and don't have a proper address
Each year the money is taken and no one knows anymore.
Should this company be audited and should payees know how the account balance stand and where the money is going for the past 10 years
In a nutshell is there any regulation?

I living in a small estate of 23 houses mixed detached semis all built by one builder who now runs a management company for the area. He takes €350 from each house per year to cover grass cutting and sewerage.
As far as I can see they are not a registered company and don't have a proper address
Each year the money is taken and no one knows anymore.
Should this company be audited and should payees know how the account balance stand and where the money is going for the past 10 years
Points 1 and 2 highlighted above are mutually contradictory, and if point 2 is correct, point 3 is moot.

If your query is whether he needs a regulatory framework in order to arrange grass cutting etc, I would think not.

You and the others are always presumably free to source these services yourselves if you wish

Who owns the leases (or freeholds) for the lands on which the estate were built?

Unless you can answer this question with certainty, it is very difficult to answer the question you pose.

Who owns the leases (or freeholds) for the lands on which the estate were built?

Unless you can answer this question with certainty, it is very difficult to answer the question you pose.
Each house is owner occupied or rented from the own. If that answers your question

I also forgot to ask, has the estate been taken in charge by the local authority?
No. that is why we are paying maintenance . My previous house had a similar arrangement which appears to be normal with new build estates

Points 1 and 2 highlighted above are mutually contradictory, and if point 2 is correct, point 3 is moot.

If your query is whether he needs a regulatory framework in order to arrange grass cutting etc, I would think not.

You and the others are always presumably free to source these services yourselves if you wish
Sorry I don't see your points, which off the subject
How can we source grass cutting and private sewerage when someone is already doing it

He takes €350 from each house per year to cover grass cutting and sewerage.

How does he "take" the money? Why are people giving him the money?

It sounds like the common areas have not been transferred to the OMC or the OMC is not operating. It is the OMC that should be agreeing a budget and collecting money.

Yes. There is the Multi-Unit Development Act. And it sounds like the developer is not in compliance. He cannot just "take" money". You (collectively) may need to take legal advice to sort this out. If you are the owner of your house what did your solicitor advice when purchasing?

Some links for info:

https://www.ccpc.ie/consumers/housing/apartments-and-duplexes/role-of-developers/

Sorry I don't see your points, which off the subject
How can we source grass cutting and private sewerage when someone is already doing it
It's a free country. If you collectively terminate this arrangement with him, eg by refusing to continue to pay him for the services provided, it is presumably open to you do source a substitute.

(Not remotely off the subject by the way.)

How does he "take" the money? Why are people giving him the money?

It sounds like the common areas have not been transferred to the OMC or the OMC is not operating. It is the OMC that should be agreeing a budget and collecting money.

Yes. There is the Multi-Unit Development Act. And it sounds like the developer is not in compliance. He cannot just "take" money". You (collectively) may need to take legal advice to sort this out. If you are the owner of your house what did your solicitor advice when purchasing?

Some links for info:

https://www.ccpc.ie/consumers/housing/apartments-and-duplexes/role-of-developers/

Thank you, that's what I was looking for

Back