RTA - Injured - Treatment - Claim

B

B79

Hi

Here's the situation.

I met with a RTA some time back n have gotten my solicitor involve in resolving this issue. Due to the accident i was injured and am still undergoing treatment and bills are being paid through our pockets till date, with receipts retained for a Personal Injury Claim. I was refered to a consultant for further medical treatment and was asked for a MRI and x-ray scan. This is not going to be cheap. We're looking at approximately 1200 quids and repeating its going to come out of my pocket initially. We were told that we could go claim through our insurance or pay upfront n retain the receipt.

The question here is if i got my insurance ppl involve they would want to be part of the claim reimbursement which my solicitors have advised not to. And if i claimed this huge (MRI) bill of them, they would most definitely query abt it as its a huge sum, wont they?

We've been retaining receipts for every treatment all along, least did we expect to spend 1200 for just 1 treatment, its very expensive. we have spent several grands on treatments.

Really, what other options have i got left? I really dont know what to do? Any advise?

If you have private medical insurance, then you can claim from them, on giving an undertaking that you will reimburse them from the proceeds. They do not look for any of the general damages, simply to eb reimbursed their outlay.

If yo udo not have private medical insurance, then have a chat with your solicitor with a view to borrowing money to pay the bills. Again, the interest can be included in your claim.

Back