ROS for PAYE Returns

P

perfection

Has anyone had any success with ROS? I am a PAYE customer. I got my activation code but I am not sure if I ever validated the account. I log in through REACH ,when it is available and I am then asked for certain digets of my revenue pin code. I fill these in but then I get to a screen that tells me the service is temporarily unavailable. Thus it has been on appprox ten occasions over the past 3 weeks. I have never managed to see my account. Has anyone had a similar exp[erience?

Thanks for your help

Are you sure that you mean ROS and not [broken link removed]?

Maybe there is a problem. REACH is not responding for me right now.
Customer Support Notice
Please note that reachservices.ie will be temporarily unavailable between 10:00pm Tuesday 13th of February and 2:00am Wednesday 14th of February, due to required scheduled maintenance. Reach wish to apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
If you require further assistance, please contact the reachservices help desk team at Lo Call Phone Number:
1890 772772 (09.00h - 17.00h, Monday to Friday) or email us at [email protected].

I have had a similar experience. It worked initially for about 3 weeks and Ihave got the "temporarily unavailable" message since last September. I was informed by ROS that it was a matter for my district office to sort out. No progress so far

AFAIK you only have a certain length of time to validate the activation code. If it lapses you will have to request another one. Got mine sorted out lately......had my P21 5 days later :D ! A record in my book !

Can you complete your tax return (PAYE) for 2006 using this service ? I don't see the option when I log into reach. I have never had a problem with it.

If you mean using the PAYE Self Service system then I don't think so and what you can do is still pretty limited.

By the way - do you know that you have to file a return in order to keep your affairs up to date? Note that PAYE employees are under no obligation to file annual returns as a matter of course even though some people seem to think that they are. In fact if specific circumstances change then you can just write to Revenue with details of those specific changes to get your details (e.g. liabilities, tax credits, refunds etc.) updated. Has always worked for me anyway.

Also by the way - PAYE Self Service is working again for me today. Just as slow as ever though.

Are you sure that you mean ROS and not [broken link removed]?

PAYE self service is an element of ROS (with the ROS business site being the other element, but both are accessible via the ROS homepage) so its not really incorrect to refer to it as ROS.

Yeah - but it's confusing since the two are branded and identified separately on the Revenue home page. Not everybody is privy to info about the internal implementation of the two systems.

Back