roller blinds that wont roll anymore

C

coininban1

hi again, one of our roller blinds seems to have died. When I tried to raise it, it made a screeching noise (yep in pain) and no amount of rerolling, unwinding or fiddling around seems to get it going again - it just drops immediately to full length. No, a mouse wasn't stuck inside it or anything, just springthing gone? Just wonder does anyone know how these work? Is is a simple diy replacement part needed or is it more expert work? Thanks folks!

colinban1,
I had this happen to me about a year ago.
I checked every(Galway city area) for the wooden piece that the blind is attached to...but to no joy.
In the end I picked up a new blind and replaced the pole on the broken one with the new one.
The hardest thing is to align the old material on the new pole.
Can be done though

S

Roller

This happened to mine also ... the spring and fitting at the end needed replacing ... any curtain shop should do it for you ... not more than 3 or 4 euros.

Re: Roller

Perhaps the springs need to be wound - this happened to me before. I took the blinds down, wound the axle of the blind and could feel the spring tensing as I did so. When it wouldn't wind any further I put the blind back with it unravelled to it's full length and it worked again.

thanks everyone. hope its just the 3/4 euro job that needs doing like Henny Penny's. Tried to roll it up but no tension seems left in it, except the tension it created in us!! cheers folks!

Back