"Rockford Park, Blackrock" and "Deansgrange"

kramer2006

Hi all,

I'm looking for some feedback on Rockford Park which is at the Deansgrange end of Blackrock? The houses do seem to be a lot cheaper around here, what's the reason for this? Any anti-social behaviour?

Also, if you have any general info about Deansgrange I'd be very grateful.

All the best,
K.

Rockford Park is a nice area, very settled and no antisocial behaviour that I've ever seen - I think the prices may be cheaper because the houses were corpo at one stage but are mostly all privately owned now. Good bus routes close by too.
Deansgrange is fine, not a village centre as such just a couple of shops and post office etc.

General Deansgrange info (based on memory and what I've heard since I've moved away):

At the main crossroads, which is Deansgrange you have a SuperValu, chemist, chipper, AIB, newsagent (used to be a post office as well, don't know if that's still there). I'm missing something, I think there's on more shop there. Across the road is Bank of Ireland and Lidl (or maybe Aldi) and the library. Deansgrange Motors and a pub on the other two corners. Texaco up the road on Clonkeen Road (still there? So many garages have closed down). Bakers Corner short walk up the road from there with an Aldi (or maybe Lidl) down Pottery Road - convenient driving distance but not walking distance.

On or near 45, 46A and 75 routes.

I went to school in Rockford but that's a long time ago - there's only the secondary school left now and the nuns are gone as long as I am. Lots of friends still live in the area and find it handy enough.

Thanks for the replies, folks. Very helpful.

Are there some dodgy estates around Clonkeen Road? Some threads i've read on AAM seem to suggest so...?
:confused:

Clonkeen Road, Deansgrange? That's a very good road with some lovely big houses, definitely wouldn't have singled it out as being 'dodgy'!

Would love to know which estates off Clonkeen Road are "dodgy". There's very few kids in any of the estates around there anymore anyway, all the kids who grew up around there like myself would be close to 40, or over it. :)

Nearest thing to a dodgy estate around there was Mackintosh Park, but that was off Pottery Road rather than Clonkeen Road (you would walk to it through Meadow Vale which is off Clonkeen Road). This was about 30 years ago though :) - looked very settled up there last time I was around the area. Wasn't even that "dodgy".

Lovely area, great part of Dublin imo. Could never afford to move back there myself, but would live there again no hesitation if I ever was looking to move back to that area.

Mackintosh Park is the only place that comes to my mind as well if people are talking about dodgy hear Clonkeen Road - but that's what it was considered to be 20 years ago and really, if you met someone who lived there and spent time there it was no worse than anywhere else - just had a reputation for no particular reason (or at least none that I was ever able to find out about).

Yes, Mackintosh Park rings a bell - think that was the "dodgy" area mentioned. Thanks for all the feedback.

Back