Revolut partnership with AIG - Car Insurance - Anyone moved over already?

James B 21

Not asking for or about commentary about Revolut as a Bank, deposit cover, where they are regulated etc. -- Simply that they are selling Car Insurance which is underwritten AND managed by AIG.

I would like to know thoughts / comments / general experience anyone has had if they have moved over.

As I alude to above - Simply commentary on "Revolut Car Insurance with their Partner AIG", not the pros or cons of Revolut generally.

Revolut Car Insurance --> https://www.irishtimes.com/business...-with-aig-to-launch-car-insurance-in-ireland/

I have been with AIG since March 2020 and they have been remarkably consistent in Quote every year - c.€535 every year for 4 years (Has varied about 6.5% up or down)

Renewed with AIG last March - €543 - Up from €541 the previous year (March 2022 renewal)

Quote from Revolut (Today, in the App) - €369

Fully Comp - From what I can read in the docs, exactly the same cover as the AIG policy I already have.

AIG are without a doubt the best car insurer I have ever dealt with (Have hopped around for betetr prices over time with Aviva / Allianz, Zurich / Chill / Broker but now have been with AIG for 4 years straight).

So I would expect the Cover and Experience of dealing with them directly is going to be the same.

Any customers of Revolut Car Insurance out there already?

It's essentially a 32% saving for the same product ... so also wondering can I cancel with AIG and move over ... or would I have to wait until March 24.

Last edited:
Interested in this too - as have just received a competitive quote from Revolut/AIG.

Once you deal with AIG for all insurance related maters over the course of the cover you should be okay. But if all the dealings are via Revolut Bots run away from it. I'd find it difficult to deal with an insurance broker that I can never talk to no matter how big or small the issue.

Interested in this too - as have just received a competitive quote from Revolut/AIG.

@Park43 you can choose the excess when you progress the quote in the App (Which I have to say is so much quicker and easier to input details than any other Insurer's website):

€600 as standard // €300 - 5% premium increase // €125 - 7% premium increase

24 hour roadside breakdown and home-start assistance - 5.2% premium increase

Full NCB protection (2 or less claims within 3 years) - 10% premium increase

Seems like it's a very straight forward "Percentage" increase / decrease based on the options above.
Is there a link to get a Revolut/AIG quote?
Can't seem to find anything on their website.
Just this:
You have to do it in the App @ClubMan

FYI - Policy wording doc is here - Very AIG style of Doc so supports that AIG are the people you'd deal with -- > https://assets.revolut.com/insurance/motor/email/Revolut Ireland Car Insurance Policy Wording.pdf

Last edited:
You have to do it in the App @ClubMan
Thanks. I won't bother so. I was just curious to see what they offered compared to my recent cover with AIG directly online.

Back