Revolut - joint account question

8till8

I recall there was something fundamentally wrong with Revolut's joint account offering but I can't remember exactly what it was.....

something about not being able to make/receive payments into the joint account? it had to go via your personal account

Something about not being able to make/receive payments into the joint account?
We have a Revolut Joint account and top up directly via a standing order as the Joint account has its own IBAN, otherwise you can load it up from your Personal Revolut account. I don't think you can directly top up from a debit card, like you can with a personal Revolut account.

The other thing that annoys me is that spending on the Joint account is excluded from the Revolut analytics for some reason.

Otherwise, we find it works just fine - we each have a card which is linked to the joint account.

According to the terms you can use a third party card. I want to use revolut to pay my mortgage and other utilities that can't normally be paid by credit card from my Lufthansa Miles & More MasterCard to generate miles.

Can you top up a Revolut joint account from a third party credit card?
I don't think so. The only options I have are to "add money" from my Revolut Personal account or by Bank Transfer.

Topping up via card would I think need to go via your Revolut Personal account first.

I don't think so. The only options I have are to "add money" from my Revolut Personal account or by Bank Transfer.

Topping up via card would I think need to go via your Revolut Personal account first.
Thanks for answering. The terms seem a little misleading indeed as I went ahead and opened a joint account with my wife and you are 100% correct, there is no option to add money from a credit card, which is disappointing but can be worked around. Too many airmiles to give up just because of a little extra work.

Back