revolut for investing

tom_tom

Im late the revolut party and probably done on other threads here .never thought about signing up to it before as my personal finances are quite dull (im not down with the kids anymore)... ..but I hear you can buy crypto and US shares on it ...anyone got experience of using this feature ...pros/cons (fee's , T&Cs, limits etc) over using other broker type apps?

can only comment on Crypto in Revolut-
PRO
They offer a choice of about 10 different coins {Do your homework before you buy]
You can buy in fragments, just set the amount you want to invest - say 100euro = approx 0.003 BTC
It's as easy (and quick) as moving money from one currency to another on the app

CON
It's Crypto - anything could happen (Value of your investment can go down rapidly!)
There is a fee of 2.5% on buying and selling (on the standard plan)
There are minimum transaction sizes like 0.0000001 BTC (not sure about max - can only invest what you have in your account)

I find them very user friendly for equities, although the choice is quite limited.

3 free trades per month. €1 per trade after that. It's really handy to have everything on the same app if you use Revolut for Savings and Crypto as well.
The mainstream banks are still so far behind. I can't even view my mortgage balance on my online banking!

thanks for replies here ..so for trading id be better off with maybe ..degiro (which I see mentioned a lot) ..can you buy crypto there too?

Looking at switching to Revolut investing platform, it has come on leaps and bounds compared to a few years ago. I am currently using DeGiro making 1 or 2 trades per month on ETFs and the odd stock purchase.

DeGiro's fee's are usually between 1 to 3 Euro per trade, but revolut are offering commission-free trades. I am currently a plus member with revolut so it looks like a no brainer vs DeGiro to reduce my transaction costs.

The revolut platform is more user friendly. Any pitfalls?

Revolut Fees

Depending on your plan, you’ll be able to make a certain number of commission-free trades, within your plan’s monthly allowance. Check the quota for each plan type below:

• Standard: 1 trade
  • Plus: 3 trades
  • Premium: 5 trades
  • Metal and Ultra: 10 trades

Doesn't Revolut also charge a custody fee, which would make it less attractive for large holdings?

An annual fee of 0.12% / 12 bps (charged on a monthly basis) of the market value of your assets held by the third party broker.

Your investment is not guaranteed if Something happens to Revolut . Most other Fintechs are subject to state guarantees of up to €20k

Back