Key Post Revolut and N26 Current Accounts

Thanks Brendan,
you can update the table with the fact that Revolut has an IBAN and BIC. On mine, it's listed in the App, both a local and swift one (for domestic and cross-border transactions respectively). It has a bank account number for domestic transfers for my BG account (and the same IBAN for cross-border transfers to my GB account)

I have updated the opening post with the fact that Revolut has an IBAN and GBP and USD accounts.

Can you update also to reflect that Revolut offers the ability to purchase Bitcoin - N26 doesn't (at least not yet - as they have expressed the intention to add this option).

Hi tecate

It's really meant to be for the main banking purposes of a Revolut account and not to cover every aspect of it.

The ability to buy Bitcoin would be of interest to a very small proportion of the population.

Brendan

I am having some heartache with revolut in respect of a SEPA transfer. I sent a SEPA payment on Monday (02 Dec) morning and it has yet to land in revolut. SEPA payments normally clear within 2 working days. I've been on to them, via webchat, without satisfaction.

The last time I made a similar transfer, the payment was initiated on a Wednesday @ 08:45, and landed in my revolut account 2 days later @ 11:43.

Has anyone here hit similar problems with revolut, sending money to them via SEPA ?

Last edited:
Well, that proved to be a struggle. They never explained why my payment was still not applied. When I was eventually able to show them a confirmation from my bank, they paid up immediately. I assume they're obliged to under SEPA.

I'll be avoiding transferring money to them that way again.

Well, that proved to be a struggle. They never explained why my payment was still not applied. When I was eventually able to show them a confirmation from my bank, they paid up immediately. I assume they're obliged to under SEPA.

I'll be avoiding transferring money to them that way again.
I think you'd be right.
I have found both Revolut and N26 to be extremely opaque and defensive when things go awry with transfers and suchlike. I hate to sound like a spokesperson for Irish banks (I really, really do!), but the benefits of having a conversation in a branch or on the phone are very real in such situations.

I'm interested in using the Spending Analytics and Vault features on Revolut. Looking to better track where our money is going each month and save for a couple of big items by setting budgets for each monthly spending category. I'm thinking the Vaults will be a good way to help make sure we don't exceed those budgets.

I use two mobile phones (work and personal) but mainly my work phone, and my wife uses one mobile. I understand Revolut issue two cards, but can we have full access to the App on all three phones? Reading a few forums from 2017 saying it's only one phone but hoping it may have changed in the meantime?

This is a government stamp duty, and us applied to all ATM transactions carried out in Republic for cardholders with an Irish address. It's in addition to the 10c that you refer to BOI charging, but the banks apply it annually in arrears rather than per transaction.
Just to be clear this stamp duty on ATM *withdrawals* is capped at €5 p.a. for ATM/debit cards so the 12c stamp duty is not necessarily applied to *all* transactions.

Just to be clear this stamp duty on ATM *withdrawals* is capped at €5 p.a. for ATM/debit cards so the 12c stamp duty is not necessarily applied to *all* transactions.
For completeness, it's actually capped at 2.50 per year where the card is used solely for ATM withdrawals.

But thanks for the correction. I was responding to a post where another poster thought they were being charged for something by Revolut that made ATM *withdrawals* more expensive than their bank. I'm sorry if anyone was mislead over the past 18 months.

Back