Returning to Italy from Ireland - tax refund due?

S

sart33

I've worked in Ireland for 6 years and 9 months. Now i resigned from my job and decided to go home in Italy. How much tax do you think I'll be entitled to be refunded

Re: Tax refund

No idea without you posting more details of how much you earned, how much tax you paid etc. Best bet is to contact Revenue about this. There are several other threads in a similar vein that you should be able to find by browsing and searching this forum.

sart33 said:
I've worked in Ireland for 6 years and 9 months. Now i resigned from my job and decided to go home in Italy. How much tax do you think I'll be entitled to be refunded

The 6 years 9 months is pretty meaningless to how much you will get refunded, you may get a refund for some or all tax (excluding PRSI) paid this year based on getting tax credits for the full year but only earning for part of the year.

I went the other way - Italy to Ireland - unfortunately the Italian system does'nt even allow for the reclaim of tax paid under your tax credits/personal allowances etc as they only grant such credits on a pro-rata system!!
As for reclaiming amounts paid under their 'prsi', again that was not reclaimable (hopefully I'm entitled to a state pension, should be good for 2 years of work!!) as apparently EU had just changed making it apparently transferreable to other member countries but not reclaimable. That may be your best bet, if you can transfer the PRSI paid here to your Italian fund. Buon fortuno e lavoro!!

Back