Return to Invoice and buying new car.

camile

I am thinking of buying a new car and one additional ad on is Return to Invoice Insurance. This basically means if car is written off within three years customers get the shortfall after insurance value the car, ie supposedly you get the value of the car the day it leaves the forecourt. This costs 499 euros through the dealership.

Does anyone know where I could buy this insurance outside the dealership which I suspect is charging a lot.

Is it worth buying this, it offers protection against Theft and Fire and total write off.

Has anyone managing to make a claim or are there so many exclusions that one never gets a payout.

You wont be able to buy it in isolation from the dealership. Never seen it sold in the open market. not a big enough market for it on a standalone basis.

there is a company called Carprotect in the UK that does this but not sure if they offer it in Ireland. If you do find one, read the small print carefully. Many of these "warranties" will have a lot of caveats attached, especially on things like mileage

Back