retiring soon

Discussion in 'Welfare and state benefits' started by weedavy, Apr 18, 2017.

1. weedavy

weedavy New Member

Please help ,we have been to the local CAB but unfortunately if the answer isnt on their database they seem incapable of helping.
    The wife and i have a confusing set of benefits mostly dreamt up by the local JS as a way of making life for all easier.
    My wife is disabled and recieves IS and claims for me (avoiding me being on JSA and not being able to get to the jobcentre to sign on as she cannot get to the bus stop as she cannot be left alone)
    She gets the disabled top up on her IS or ESA? And DLA high MOB and min care.
    Unfortunately next year i get to retirement age so she ofcourse cannot claim for me but if i am drawing a pension will i have to support both of us on it? (Its i presume an income?)
    Her DLA will be unafected (she is only 60) i presume but how will it effect our income and housing benifit etc
    Thanks

2. Monbretia

Monbretia Frequent Poster

Are you in UK as this is an Irish site. Just your reference to CAB which I presume is Citizens Advice Bureau as in Ireland it's called Citizens Information Service so if you are in UK any advice you get here will probably not be relevant

3. weedavy

weedavy New Member

Whoops thats egg on my face ,thanks i will try and find a Uk site as usefull cheers