Residential Property to Investment Property.

T

tfennell

Hi all,I have decided to change my current PPR to an investment property and buy a new property to live in myself.My current propert was €115000 when I bought it one year ago.As well as the stamp duty on the new property, will I have to pay stamp duty on the old property too.Thanks.

tfennell said:
I have decided to change my current PPR to an investment property and buy a new property to live in myself.My current propert was €115000 when I bought it one year ago.As well as the stamp duty on the new property, will I have to pay stamp duty on the old property too.

Where a property originally purchased as an owner occupier PPR is rented out (other than under the owner occupier rent a room scheme) within five years of purchase then a clawback of stamp duty applies whereby the owner must pay whatever stamp duty an investor would have paid on the same purchase. describes the clawback. Note also that in this case some portion of the eventual resale gain will also be assessable for CGT unlike a PPR which is CGT exempt. For more on the tax treatment of investment properties see the FAQ.

you wont have to pay SD on your current home as 115k would have been exempt for investors as well as FTB's.

Back