Residential car charger Recommendations

Follow up on this; charger was installed in accessible location. It has the facility to install a five digit PIN to prevent unauthorised acess. Nothing is fool proof, but it should disuade chancers.

Biggest thing against this, to steal a significant amount the chancer would need to be plugged in for hours.

Home charger is slow 7kw per hour so the reward is low.

Biggest thing against this, to steal a significant amount the chancer would need to be plugged in for hours.

Home charger is slow 7kw per hour so the reward is low.
Yeah its like a robber stealing 2 euro an hour from your house. Not a very rewarding thing for anyone to try to do

Yeah its like a robber stealing 2 euro an hour from your house. Not a very rewarding thing for anyone to try to do
Exactly, and leaving something worth thousands on your property to do so.

Tethered Chargers:
  1. Zappi: A popular choice with app control, timer scheduling, and RFID access protection. You can choose tethered or untethered versions.
  2. EO Mini Pro 2: This compact charger is discreet and weatherproof, with optional tethered or untethered configurations. It also offers app control and timer scheduling.
  3. Andersen A2: This sleek tethered charger has a unique design and offers app control, timer scheduling, and user authentication. However, it's worth noting that Andersen went into liquidation last year and was recently acquired by another company. It's unclear how this will affect future support.
Untethered Chargers:
  • Wallbox Pulsar Plus: This popular charger offers app control, timer scheduling, and RFID access protection. It's available in tethered and untethered versions.
  • Pod Point Solo: This compact and affordable charger is a good option if you're looking for a basic solution. It offers timer scheduling but no app control or user authentication.

Indeed - and yet I had a burglary where the thief took a Dyson vacuum and a child's collection of euro coins. Surprising what thieves find valuable.

In any event the point was that the Zappi charger can be pin protected.

I've now had several installed on properties I own, whilst there are some improvements I can suggest on the charger, it does seem to be the most popular and easily installed one on the market right now.

I looked into the Andersen and whilst its a nice design, the main concern I had was support and repairs.

Back