Requisition 37

giddyup

Selling an apt. My management company are looking for €181.50 for a "request for replies to Requisition 37" through my solicitor. Anyone know what this is and am I being screwed by mgmt company as they can hold the sale process to ransom?

Requisition 37
"Requisition on Title?
This is a legal requirement in the event that you need to sell your property and you are apart of a Management Company. The purchaser’s solicitor will request a requisition 37. This is a series of questions relating to the Management Company and the particular unit that is for sale. Once these queries have been replied to, the sale can proceed. As Agents, [name of Mgt Agent deleted] complete the necessary replies on behalf of the owners concerned."

Sounds like you're being screwed. Service should be supplied as a normal service to members. If the request is coming from your purchasers solicitor (& not yours) then the Mgt Co should bill the Purchaser via their solicitor, imho.

Its perfectly normal. Its perfectly reasonable. Being an apartment owner adds an extra layer to the sale process - Req. 37 deals with that layer.

mf

Back