Reporting a PIP to the ISI

Fastmover

Hello

Looking for some information has anyone reported a personal insolvency practitioner to the ISI and if so have they found it effective.

My situation I believe will be more a case of bad practice more so than improper practice

Hello

Looking for some information has anyone reported a personal insolvency practitioner to the ISI and if so have they found it effective.

My situation I believe will be more a case of bad practice more so than improper practice

Not surprising that you have received no feedback to date on this topic here.

Perhaps your first action should be to register your complaint with the PIP. They must respond within 5 days and follow up within 20.

The ISI does not appear to provide any clear information on their procedures for dealing with complaints against PIPs. This lack of available information is unfortunate.

I may stand corrected, but the FSPO does not have any method or means to handle complaints against PIPs.

Depending on whether your PIP is a chartered accountant or registered solicitor, you may take your complaint to the respective regulating body. They will have their own procedures for handling complaints.

Hope this goes some way to help. I am not a legal adviser. There are many contributors on here who are in a position to clarify the complaints procedure and I would invite them to provide some greater detail on your query which is both valid and highly pertinent, given cases such as yours may not be uncommon.

Not surprising that you have received no feedback to date on this topic here.

Perhaps your first action should be to register your complaint with the PIP. They must respond within 5 days and follow up within 20.

The ISI does not appear to provide any clear information on their procedures for dealing with complaints against PIPs. This lack of available information is unfortunate.

I may stand corrected, but the FSPO does not have any method or means to handle complaints against PIPs.

Depending on whether your PIP is a chartered accountant or registered solicitor, you may take your complaint to the respective regulating body. They will have their own procedures for handling complaints.

Hope this goes some way to help. I am not a legal adviser. There are many contributors on here who are in a position to clarify the complaints procedure and I would invite them to provide some greater detail on your query which is both valid and highly pertinent, given cases such as yours may not be uncommon.
Thank you for your comments....Progress has been made I’ll wait until there is more of a resolution before I comment

Failing further advice from a PIP or financial advisor regarding this (OP) topic, as has been the case in relation to various similar posts on these forums, please see the attached booklet which contains further information regarding the complaints against a PIP as far as the ISI is concerned. This booklet does not appear to be available on the ISI website however, if anybody is aware of a direct link, please do post it.

If your PIP is an accountant or a member of the legal profession, you are entitled and may wish to forward your complaints to the relevant professional standards body.

Section 176 to Section 186 of the Personal Insolvency Act 2012 details the relevant legislative provisions regarding same.

You can also refer to the following link to Law Reform Commission (Administrative Consolidation) of the Personal Insolvency Act 2012 (as revised) for your information.

Personal Insolvency Act 2012 - Updated to 10 May 2022

ISI booklet attached (PDF) below.

Attachments

• How to make a complaint against a PIP Nov 2022.pdf
    1,012.5 KB · Views: 116
Failing further advice from a PIP or financial advisor regarding this (OP) topic, as has been the case in relation to various similar posts on these forums, please see the attached booklet which contains further information regarding the complaints against a PIP as far as the ISI is concerned. This booklet does not appear to be available on the ISI website however, if anybody is aware of a direct link, please do post it.

Thank you ClubMan.

I think this thread (as per title) should be made sticky and to consolidate information.

Back