Replacement parts for up-and-over garage door

Z

zag

The latest thing to fall to pieces in the zag household is the garage door. It is one of those up and over metal jobs with a big windy spring at the top which rolls up the cable holding the bottom part of the door. Forget about that description - it is just your basic up and over door.

Anyways, one of the cables which drops down to hold on to the side of the door snapped today with the result that when you try to up and over one side moves and the other doesn't.

I presume I could just put in some other kind of cable, but then it would probably be the wrong size and would break again soon enough. Repairing the existing cable may be an option, but it's too dark to check this out at the moment.

Does anyone know where to get replacement bits for these kind of doors ?

z

Look at your key and if it is stamped ‘Hendersons’ you’re in luck. They are based in the West Link Industrial Estate, Dublin 10. Give them a call and they will sort it out for you. You can buy the spare part and do the repair yourself, but if you do not get the tension on the spring correct (and clearly the guy who installed my door hadn't) it will break again.

Hendersons sounds familiar alright. I will check this evening when I get home.

Thanks,

z

Back