Repaired TV breaks again

jumper1

Hi, Got a Philips LCD TV in June 2007 last. Screen began to get distorted and colours 'Ran' on screen i.e. colours began to change to pink and Blue. Rang Philips Support for TV and was 'Repaired' within 3 days, Seems an internal Keyboard was replaced in TV.

Unfortunately same issue is happening again and it seems to be worse this time. Can i get Philips to Change the TV and give me a new one or ask for a Refund? If they repair this time i am afraid it will break again after warranty has expired and then i will have no comeback. In other words what are my entitlements.

Regards, Jumper

If it were me I'd write directly to the company reporting the fault and expressing your concerns and disappointment with the product. Include all details of previous fault, serial numbers etc. I don't think I'd be happy with a repair only- replacement would be the ideal solution. I'd be surprised if this didn't yield a satisfactory result for you; anytime I've returned faulty electrical goods (within the guarantee period) I've always had the item replaced (in one instance by a different brand).

Back