"Rents are at a record high – so why are private landlords selling up?"

+1 on all counts.

Its Advocacy Director is Mike Allen, former General Secretary of the Labour Party.

Another Board member is Andrew Gunne, presumably a member of the prominent Dublin family of estate agents.. His bio on the Focus Ireland website in my opinion raises a number of questions in relation to potential conflicts of interest.

And the Shinner's Housing Spokesperson is a former employee.

Guys I don't agree with the policies of Focus Ireland. They do make matters worse.

But could you nominate some other board members whom you would be happy with?

I don't see anything wrong with a former Labour Party employee being a director of a homeless charity. Campaigning groups often recruit people who have campaigned before. A former Fine Gael Minister is the head of the Banking and Payments Federation. They understand the nature of campaigning and they have political and other contacts.

I don't know Andrew Gunne. But I think it would be helpful to have someone on the board who understands residential property investment. For all we know, he might be more purple than Purple himself and advocating common sense on the board.

Brendan

Guys I don't agree with the policies of Focus Ireland. They do make matters worse.

But could you nominate some other board members whom you would be happy with?
Their policies are at odds with my values. I cannot support any organisation that advocates for equality of outcome or doesn't have personal responsibility at the core of their beliefs. Nobody I agree with would be accepted onto their board.
I've no objection to anyone joining any board. Focus Ireland's board looks like it has some very capable people.