renting out affordable housing

J

Jared13

Hi there,

i transferred to a full mortgage with DCC last year i would like to rent out my apartment as i have two children and space is limited i rang dcc about this and they said they would get back to me i didnt think there would be a problem renting out apt after me transferring to a full mortgage with them.

Anyone with any information would be great.

There are lots of threads about this. DCC won't allow you to rent out if your mortgage is with them, only if your mortgage is with a bank.

The "dont mind" is not correct.

Lots of people have outgrown their apartments as noted in yesterdays paper but are stuck there due to DCC.

DCC are aware the hundreds of people are leasing theirs out.

Two DCC reps told me to my face that they are turning a blind eye as they dont have the resources to check it out. I asked them for permission and they both said the following (after a simultaneous and exagerated look over both their shoulders, as if rehersed) "go ahead and lease it out, we are not checking but if there are any complaints we'll have to investigate. We cannot give this to you in writing. This was about 6 months ago. They told me that DCC were reveiwing its terms and conditions.....:rolleyes:. They were warning me of the double edge sword of needing to register with the PRTB and the possibility of the Revenue seeing TRS from the very same address.....;)

Now, there is a big difference between not right, not allowed and NOT LEGAL.

Leasing it out is not legal, its part of your debenture. You will be breaking your contract.

So, effectively what they are saying is "its not a crime unless you get caught":eek:. I mean, I could rob a bank and if I didn't get caught then I'm ok?!

If I were to lease out the A/H apartment they still get paid their mortgage which means I'm effectively an illegal working agent for DCC and if I get caught I suffer the consequence!!!!! Also, you have to pay tax on whatever "income" you make which is not even income it goes off the interest on the mortgage, then you have to pay the household charge on a place thats not yours and exorbitant management fees.

We all ran out and bought our own little prisons with this scheme.

However, I have an ace up my sleeve. I recorded the entire conversation on my phone, right from introduction to them telling me to lease it out but they couldn't give it in writing. The two lads were nice and pragmatic but that wont help is sh* hits the fan.

I'm now going to lease mine out. Make sure you have an ace if you lease out and get "caught" working for them

Hi Zen,

after my own experience with CCC, seeing how unprofessional they are and how the deal with people, I am not surprised that you choose to record them. this may look wrong but the right way to defence own rights.
Skier

Skier

It's not something I would normally do, in fact it's a first! I am sick to the teeth with this scheme and it's schemers.

I dont think there is anything more anyone can whine about this topic any more. It seems DCC are not going to change anything any time soon.

Back