Rental tax income

Discussion in 'Tax' started by Laurenmay, 4 Jan 2019.

1. Laurenmay

Laurenmay New Member

Hi i am wondering about the new 100% morgage interest allowed from 2016 for registered landlords renting through ras scheme can i ask how you go about claiming the previous years will it be on the tax return form i file this year i am registered with prtb and have filled the form in but just wondering how i claim back the previous years 25% owed regards

2. Bronte

Bronte Frequent Poster

This is the scheme where you have social welfare tenants. My accountant told me that we will claim it in one go in 2019. Which reminds me, I'm supposed to do some paperwork to inform the RTB about my social welfare tenants in order to claim it. Which form did you fill in? It's unbelievable the amount of messing the government does in the rental sector. It was 80% in my last return and back up to 100% from now on is my understanding.

3. Laurenmay

Laurenmay New Member

I just rang the prtb and they emailed me a form cant remember of hand the form name oh its serious messing i usually do these returns myself but last year was so stressfull i might just go with an accountant this year to ensure the full return for previous years as i am unsure as to what to fill in for my rerurns for previous interest its all stress thanks for your help much appreciated