Rent supplement

andy

I was on rent supplement a year or so ago and at the time there was a long process of forms to be filled in and joining the housing list was part of it and getting that form signed and stamped by the council housing authority aswel as my section and the landlords section of the same form then going to the HSE with all the forms filled in ready to apply, many time later i find my self out of work again and have been on the HSE website to download the relevant forms to start the process again only this time the forms do not mention the section about the housing authority it seems a trimmed down version of what i remember just my own section and the landlords section to be filled in and brought to the HSE, the for i mean is SWA3 (to be used with SWA1) now it does say the form was updated in July of last year after i had go through the process but my question is are the forms correct now and that i no longer need the section completed by the county council as proof im on a housing list as the HSE rent department sit today in my local office after lunch and i do not want to cue for 2/3hours to find im missing documents etc, can anybody help?

The SWA3 form which you downloaded is the most recent - you don't have to get it stamped by the local authority, but you do have to declare whether you've been to the local authority, and whether you're on the housing list or not.

If you've been renting for less than 6 of the past 12 months, and you're not on a housing list, you will have to be assessed by the local authority and put onto the housing list before Rent Supplement can be granted - these are new rules which came in last June/July so you might not have met them last time you claimed.

If you are on the housing list and you have a letter from the local authority to say so, it would be useful to bring it with you - the CWO can copy it for their files.

Back