VHI Renewal Advice Please

tommyryan55

Hello,

I am looking for some advice on my VHI renewal (01.08.2017). Our current plans are as follows:

PMI 10 11 (Me) picked by and paid by my employer, no option to change this plan.

PMI 40 15 (Wife). My employer pays €600 gross towards the cost, we can pick the plan

One Plan Complete (5 year old) My employer pays €200 gross towards the cost, we can pick the plan

One Plan Complete (2 year old) My employer pays €200 gross towards the cost, we can pick the plan

Any advice on similar plans for my Wife and children with reduced premiums would be very much appreciated. Just to note the only option is VHI as my employer will only pay towards their plans.

Regards

Tommy

tommyryan55,

The One Plan Complete for your children is a perfect choice, which is half price 168 per child from 1st August.
So, this price is less than the 200 allowed for each child, which will save your employer some money.

There are a couple of alternative options worth considering for your wife, which both include extra cover for the 3 hi-tech hospitals, not
included on PMI 40 15. Details as follows;
1. VHI PMI 44 16; price 1112pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private excess 150 per admission or day case.
2. VHI PMI 43 16; price 1171pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private excess 150 per admission or 50 per day case.
Good day to day cover included.

[broken link removed]

Note; PMI 40 15 plan has a private excess of 75 and 50 per day case. The above 2 plans have an excess of 150 per admission.
So if you are ok with this excess amount, they are good options worth considering. The main extra is the 3 hi-tech hospital cover, not on her
current plan. VHI PMI 44 16 is just 31 euros extra for this extra hospital cover, also PMI 43 16 plan is just 90 euro extra which includes
both extra hospital cover and day to day cover.

Regards, Snowyb

Back