Removing name from title deeds

Dakota

My ex partner are currently separating, I want to remove his name from the title deeds of my house, the house is owned outright no mortgage owed, the property was bought with my inheritance so he is completely willing to remove his name, I was just looking for advice will I have to use a solistor or is there a way of not having to use one? We are not married. Thanks in advance.

Do. not. attempt. this. yourself.

Use a solicitor to make sure this is done right.

Talk to a solicitor- do it sooner rather than later- most solicitors, while not open for business are operating online and remotely.

mf

Conveyancing solicitor is a must for this. I know of a fantastic one but she is in Drogheda : Shona Madden law if you are anywhere around the area. I only had two face to face meetings with her but I have a mortgage on my property so might only need one face to face meeting and the rest can be done via email. My costs were circa 1200 euro but she had to engage with the mortgage company too so yours would be a bit lower. Absolutely well worth every cent.

You aren't just removing his name from the deeds, you are conveyancing his interest in the property. 2 solicitors needed unless I'm mistaken.

One good one is fine. My ex used his family law solicitor to fight me for money but once our divorce was settled and he had signed the doc to say he wanted no interest in the property then despite him wanting more money out of me (tracker dispute) only one conveyancing solicitor was needed as he had no interest in the property.

Two solicitors required for this unfortunately.... although his solicitor will have cery little to do

Back