Remove ex partner's name on property deed

Kakasparkie

Hi all,

I have a question regarding of my property owned by my ex partner since 2008. we have broke up since 2012. He stopped paying the mortgage from 2012. However, it was in negative equity all those years so could not manage to do the transfer equity or sell the house. I was the one staying in the house and paying the mortgage and he just left the country and not paying the mortgage.

But now I'm in a position to get a mortgage with my now husband to take over,however, we tried to contacted him to sign off the right of the property so that we can withdraw the mortgage. However his solicator replied so slow every 4 weeks ? it's been 6 months already.

I just wonder if I can apply to the court to remove his name on the mortgage or property deed as hes not paying last 10 years. now I have my own family and have a kid. I just worry about their interest in the future other than someone come back after years tried to claim the house off.

I know I should seek for legal advice which I did,however, they just said if applying to court it will takes long time and cost a fortune? but didnt mentioned how much or time? for my own opinion, for hiring the solicator all these 6 months, only got 2 reply from ex solicitors...use my solicator send them email mainly cost over 3000? that's not cheap either...

where to seek advice what to do?

plus now the tracker rate gone up to 3.1% paying extra 200 a month. anyway I can fix my mortgage without my ex? hes not paying at all. (if transfer is not happening)

please advice.
many thanks

@Kakasparkie Have a look at this thread and see if you find any useful information:

@Kakasparkie Have a look at this thread and see if you find any useful information:
saw that similar situtation , however we were not married. Ex partner left Ireland 2013 and never came back?

Back