Registration to ROS for PAYE individiuals

barbaros

I work full time and complete form 12 over revenue.ie website, I declare my expenses and earnings etc, all normal. My employer offers discounted share buying program for their employees and I know that I need to declare it to revenue in 30 days after it's been bought and pay relevant taxes. To do that I need to fill form 11. My question is, can I register to ROS and fill form11 online and don't have to deal with using pen and paper and sending big forms by post to revenue?

On ROS website it says: dividuals who are registered for PAYE or LPT only should register for myAccount, so I am kind of confused. And if I can/should register to ROS, which tax type should I choose as there is a long list. There is CGT but I don't know if it's correct option for my situation.

Thanks

Edit: Found this : [broken link removed]. So it says: you will pay IT, Universal Social Charge (USC) and Pay Related Social Insurance (PRSI) on the amount of the discount. Or Income Tax is the option I should choose at ROS if I can register there?

Last edited:
I work full time and complete form 12 over revenue.ie website, I declare my expenses and earnings etc, all normal. My employer offers discounted share buying program for their employees and I know that I need to declare it to revenue in 30 days after it's been bought and pay relevant taxes. To do that I need to fill form 11. My question is, can I register to ROS and fill form11 online and don't have to deal with using pen and paper and sending big forms by post to revenue?

On ROS website it says: dividuals who are registered for PAYE or LPT only should register for myAccount, so I am kind of confused. And if I can/should register to ROS, which tax type should I choose as there is a long list. There is CGT but I don't know if it's correct option for my situation.

Thanks

Edit: Found this : [broken link removed]. So it says: you will pay IT, Universal Social Charge (USC) and Pay Related Social Insurance (PRSI) on the amount of the discount. Or Income Tax is the option I should choose at ROS if I can register there?

You use the form RTSO 1 to pay the relevant tax due within 30 days.

You then register for income tax and ROS. You complete a form 11 via ROS the following year. No more form 12s. If your situation changes you can deregister for income tax and return to filing form 12s via MyAccount.

Thanks for the info! Few more questions thou if it's okay. When I want to register for Income tax under myAccount, it asks for "Date Business / Activity Commenced", Description, NACE and Expected Turnover. What am I supposed to fill for those fields?

Did you find the right information by any chance? I'm looking for the exact same.
Date Business / Activity Commenced", Description, NACE and Expected Turnover etc.

Thanks a lot!

I am wondering did it take long to get registered to enable you file form 11 after you making the declaration online as I must get it completed before the 10th Dec?

Just saw the replies sorry. I told it to Revenue (to ask how should I proceed). They said that they registered the tax for me (for discounted share purchase program) after 1st of January, I can register to Ros but it's not mandatory (as they said) but then I will have to fill form 11. I can't register from ROS website yes as start date is 1st of January. I was planning to ask them another question about this when I am eligible to register. Will keep updated once I hear back from them. Worst case scenario, calling and asking to Revenue would be the best approach, they are quiet helpful.

Back