Registered post to apartment

clairebear

I need to send 2 documents by registered post to two people living in an apartment complex.
What's the best way to achieve this? They won't be there during the day to sign for the documents and I don't want the documents to sit in the post office until the people collect them. I need them to be handed to them personally as well as proof of receipt.

They will have to collect them at the P.O. at which point they will provide I.D. and collect the letters........in theory.

In practice if they are expecting these they will be ignored.

I need them to be handed to them personally as well as proof of receipt.

Not always that straightforward.

If they refuse to collect and sign from post office the letters will be returned to you, at least you will be able to show you made all reasonable effort to notify them of whatever.

You could also send the letters by free certified post. You will be given a cert which in theory anyway would show you sent a letter to that person, at that address on that date., though that has not always been my experience.

Another suggestion I have heard is delivery by speed post, which confirms a delivery has been made but doesn't require a signature.

Certain items have to be delivered by Registered Post as it's specified in Regulations and certain laws. If not delivered they are returned after 3 days.

Express Post while technically using the same hand to hand contact will not meet legal requirements.

Back