Regional Advertising to target Builders?

baguio2007

I am about to embark on a small enterprise that will involve providing a service to the building industry. Its going to be a part time affair (initially at least) so whilst I need to advertise to get my name out there, I have to get it right ie. I cant afford the spend without getting the return on it.

I wondered if anyone was aware of a publication that would be suitable. I am aware of 'construct Ireland' but I wonder how many builders actually go through this on a regular basis? Are most of their readers architects/engineers?

Any suggestions??

maybe you should talk to the CIF, they have regional offices and if your service is off interest they may be able to organise a presentation to members etc.

one of the best building magazines to read is Keystone magazine. i am a quantity surveyor and it lands on my desk every month. what service are you going to provide? who exactly is it aimed at?

Hi. Are you aiming at CEO's or small-to-medium building contractors? For the latter a cheap but effective way is a perspex countertop brochure holder displayed on trade store countertops.

Hi. Are you aiming at CEO's or small-to-medium building contractors? For the latter a cheap but effective way is a perspex countertop brochure holder displayed on trade store countertops.
Aimed at homebuilders. Regardless of size, any builder who's putting a new house on the market.

I had a similar query in my industry and how best to advertise so I spoke to a few potential targets at a conference and asked them (in a not too obvious way) what way they sourced their supplies.

I am embarking on a similar venture, where I will be trying to sell my product and service to residential contruction companies. I would need to get order confimation before the plans for the properties are finalised.

As these companies can be quiet large, I need to know who is the person that would deal with this within these companies, would it be the MD, the architect or who?

Perhaps someone works in a constrction company and deals with these sales calls, and could shed some light on this.

Thanks in advance

algar

Depending on the size of the company it will be one of the following people Managing Director (be supprise how many MD's in construction invloved and want to be involved at this level ), Purchaser (latrge companies with alot of jobs employee purchasers to do all the buying for the company for large quants and large discounts), quantity Surveyors (prop be your best bet as they will be involved in purchasing on all jobs), architects (if you want to get your product actually specified as a must on a project go here, but the contractor will always try and find a similar product for cheaper onsite)

I am a quantity surveyor for a developer so let me know what product you are talking about

Back