Refused mortgage approval at last min - what now?

I am so frustrated. We dropped everything to the broker today and he said the only problem he can see is there are one or 2 "referral charges" on our statements, which refer to one or 2 times that we exceeded our overdraft limit on our current account. Anyway, as if there wasnt enough paper work, he now wants a statement of our current mortgage - so ive ordered that but they said it can take 10 days!!?!?!? 10 days!!!!!!!!

Mark - re having the house sold first doesnt make much sense to me. Surely you could get a loan offer once contracts for the sale of your own house have been signed? Surely it doesnt mean you are tied to the one bank - if that was the case how would people ever move house or indeed banks?

To make matters worse....the people buying our house were supposed to sign contracts yesterday...we still dont know if this went ahead or not because my solicitor hasnt picked up the phone and asked. She faxed them instead. I have had so many sleepless nights over this.

You know what...im seriously considering keeping the profits of the sale..going renting and opening my own business with the profits. Im sick to death of this house buying crap. Only problem with me trying to rent is I have several pets - so that wouldnt be an easy option either.

If there are referral fees on your account lenders will be concerned that you are not managing financially with your current mortgage payments and therefore will not be able to cope with a larger repayment, there are a couple of lenders however that do not ask for current account statements so your broker should be approaching those lenders as a priority. And a statement on your existing mortgage is a standard requirement for any new lender. Mark is right - your own house sale needs to go through to release the equity to go towards your new house, ideally on the same day or a few days beforehand. Please speak to your solicitor about this as a matter or urgency.

Sarah

www.rea.ie

Back