Refusal to quote

bond-007

What the procedure for dealing with companies that refuse to quote for motor insurance?

I could be wrong but I thought all insurance companies HAD to quote you (even if the quote was very high!)

What grounds did they refuse to quote you on? Did they say that you didn't meet the criteria? Some companies will only offer you insurance if you meet a minimum requirement of x years claims free insurance.

I was told that all companies must quote. They would not say why they wouldn't quote:(

i was redused a quote as i only had 1 years no claims bonus, the company said they only insure drivers with at least 2 years no claims

From

If you are refused motor insurance
Individual insurers have the right to refuse you cover, but they must provide you with a reason for the refusal should you ask for one. However, even though you have been refused cover, you are entitled to go to the Declined Cases Committee of the Irish Insurance Federation who will obtain an insurance quotation for you. In order for the Committee to consider your case you must first have sought and been refused quotations in writing from at least three insurers. (See 'Further information' below).

In a lot of cases they will refuse to provide a written reason for refusal to quote. Thats what I have found in my experience.

Back