Refund on Rubbish Car

ISBN

Hi

Bought a used car in Jan with 12 mth warranty. Since then, has been in and out of the garage so many times with loads of problems. I'm sick to the teeth of the problems at this stage and was wondering if anyone knows if the garage is obliged to give a refund or just offer to keep on fixing the car.

its not that old and has 60k miles which i dont consider to be that much

thanks

You should talk to the dealer yourself first and express your complete frustration with the car you have purchased ask him what your options are if you no longer wish to keep it, he may offer you another car of same value or a complete refund in any case if they sold you a dodgy motor then it's their job to ensure you are happy if the car is still under warranty then you must apply pressure to the dealer to resolve the issue.

If the dealer is a member of Simi then you may be able to get them to step in.
[broken link removed]

[broken link removed]

"When you buy goods from a retailer, you make a contract with him. He agrees to provide certain goods to you for a certain price. If your purchase turns out to be faulty, the retailer, not the manufacturer, is responsible to you and must sort out your complaint. You are entitled to a refund, a replacement or a repair. [font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]You do not have to take a credit note if your complaint is covered by the Sale of Goods Act. You can insist on a refund, a replacement or a repair.[/font] [font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]If you have a genuine complaint about faulty goods, you can ignore shop notices such as 'No Refunds' or 'No Exchanges'. Such notices cannot take away any of your statutory rights under the Sale of Goods Act" [/font]

[broken link removed] :)

Also could you please advise what type of car it is and what year?
Good Luck ;)

DOBBER22 said:
I'm not a fan of those try to stick to a nice Japanese or German car.

Yeah. Lesson learnt. French car = crap.

Hope you get some decent response from the dealer.

I have a 99D 306. I've never had any problems with it. My brother-in-law has had a number of Peugeots with no problems. The earlier models (back in the 80s) were prone to rust, but that's been corrected.

Hubbie had issues with his first ever car many years ago. Basically any time it rained it refused to go. Many trips to dealer and of course never rained those days so they insisted we were totally barmy. We had to get a motor assessor to inspect the car and issued a solicitors letter on the strength of the inspection and got refund plus costs. Turned out the engine was cracked.
It might be worth the few bob to get it checked out.
good luck
angie

Back