Refund Issue!!

dillons

Just had a run-in with a manager in Atlantic Homecare. I bought a shower there on 22 Nov on my mastercard. I returned it on the 2nd Dec & handed the girl my mastercard for the refund. I wrote my name & address & signed a slip as is common practice with refunds.
I noticed yesterday that the refund hadn't appeared on my account. I checked the refund receipt & it is actually to a laser card and the last few digits on the receipt (first few are asterix out) do not correspond to mine. I rang my bank to confirm this.
I went into Atlantic yesterday who took a photocopy of both sale & refund receipts & asked me to leave it with them.
I have just received a phonecall from a very rude manager telling me that because I signed for the receipt, then as far as they are concerned, I received the refund.
She refused to check with their accounts via the refund authorisation code who the actual beneficiary of the refund was. as far as they are concerned, it is case closed.
The amount is 276euro so I am not prepared to leave it there.

What can I do now? gardai? small claims? I'm clueless but feel there is something very suspicious going on.

appreciate any help or advise

You could start by contacting their Customer Complaints department.

Thanks for that, sent an email via the website asking for contact details of a regional manager. within no time, received a call from a very nice man who has sorted the whole thing & they will refund my Mastercard while they try to figure out what actually happened & who received the funds. still in shock over initial attitude from branch manager, really got the feeling that I was under suspicion, but alls well that ends well I guess.

Back